Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Contributor
inanutshell

Changing regions without postcode

How would I go about changing the regions on my Sky.

I've recently just moved to outer Chelmsford and I have ITV Anglia, but I would like to have the London Essex region.

Is there any way sky can put this for me without the need to change my postcode (as I know it's set by postcode).

P.S Hopefully this is in the right section, please move if not.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Changing regions without postcode

The region you receive is based on your postcode so you will be unable to change it and Sky would be unable to do this as well as this is all down to ITV themselves.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
inanutshell

Yes I know this.
would it be possible if I gave Sky a different postcode just for the region. I am well aware that it's set by postcode as I covered in my original post, however I believe there may be a way to change it via satellite for those who live on a boundary if different regions.
Super User
caesarome

inanutshell wrote:
Yes I know this.
would it be possible if I gave Sky a different postcode just for the region.

I doubt this would work as from your account details they would know where you are and what your postcode is. No harm in trying but I would be surprised if you were successful as other people on here have tried and haven't been successful.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

Don't forget you can manually add other BBC/ITV regions, so tell us which region you're after, and we'll give you tuning parameters.

Contributor
inanutshell

Thanks for the help, but I already know all the frequencies and have ITV London already saved.

I just really thought there would be a way that sky could alter the region regardless of postcode, but I guess along with channel ordering its another thing that won't happen.

It's a shame because I've heard stories if people complaining about regions and not having the news and Sky are unable to change it.

How would I go about contacting Sky on this change?
Super User
caesarome

Go through the options here:

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/contact-usV2/index.html

I do not work for Sky.
Community Coordinator
Anne-M

[ Edited ]

Hi inanutshell, 

We are unable to change the regional variation that you receive as this information is supplied by ITV/BBC etc. If you are receiving the wrong variation that is assigned to the postcode that you have, this is something that we can investigate further.

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Contributor
inanutshell

Shame, I was expecting that answer, it is a shame.
I may contact Sky to further about this.

Thanks to everyone for the help