Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
RugbyBall74
Accepted Solution

Changing main Sky account holder?

Dear All,

Is it possible to change the main Sky account holder, as I moved out of the family home over 2yrs+ ago and we're wondering if it's possible to swap who pays for the SKY package (I'm currently paying for Sky broadband, TV and telephone), or if we effectively need to re-sign up with Sky, but with my Ex now as the main account holder?

Grateful for any advice?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
kato

Re: Changing main Sky account holder?

RugbyBall74 wrote:

Dear All,

Is it possible to change the main Sky account holder, as I moved out of the family home over 2yrs+ ago and we're wondering if it's possible to swap who pays for the SKY package (I'm currently paying for Sky broadband, TV and telephone), or if we effectively need to re-sign up with Sky, but with my Ex now as the main account holder?

Grateful for any advice?

To change the account holder details you would need to use the "Contact Us" option.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have been helped by someone please click on the thumbs up icon to give them Likes.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Platinum)
PaulEK

As far as I am aware you cannot change the primary account holder details without cancelling and re-starting the account. Call customer services and they can advise you of what needs to happen. If the account is your name and you don't mind the legal implications you can just advise your ex to give you his payment details and you can change the payment details on the account but if it goes wrong it will be your name on the debt collection paperwork.

Best plan is to get the account stopped and tell him to subscribe in his name and his bank details.

Used to work for Sky and BT ADSL tech support but please don't hate me for it :smileywink:
Occasional Visitor
RugbyBall74

Thanks for the help and advice!! :manhappy: