Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Frequent Contributor (Silver)
Tally1971
Accepted Solution

Changing default password Sky D-Link router

I have the D-link DSL 2640S.

I was wondering if its possible to change the default username and password to a different one.

At present my username is admin

And my password is sky

Is it possible to change these to a more secure one.

Thanks in advance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you agree with what I've posted or I've been able to help you, then please click on the pink star on this post.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
LauraMac

Re: Changing default password Sky D-Link router

Hi Tally1971,

You can't change the username however you can change the password by accessing the Router Status Page, select the maintenance tab and change password.   

LauraMac
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Tally1971

Thanks a lot for the help Laura, its much appreicated. I have duly changed the password now :smileyhappy:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you agree with what I've posted or I've been able to help you, then please click on the pink star on this post.
Occasional Visitor
Abdul+Latif

I do not understand your forms about changing my Sky account password? I havwe been unable to change my password

Tally1971

Abdul+Latif wrote:

I do not understand your forms about changing my Sky account password? I havwe been unable to change my password

This post was asking about how to change the password that is used to get access to the router settings etc.

To change your Sky account password. It would probably be better for you to start your own post/topic, as you would get more replies for your specific question. :smileyhappy:

Occasional Visitor
Yaseen97979

Tally, can you please send me the link for the router status page I can't seem to find it.

Tally1971

Yaseen97979 wrote:

Tally, can you please send me the link for the router status page I can't seem to find it.

On mine its:

http://192.168.0.1/sky_system.html

Occasional Visitor
Matt+Phillips

These guys are shocking!

Sky are the only people who i have come accross who refuse to provide basic router details to facilite you upgrading your router from the rubish they give you.... They say it's becuase of a contract they have signed - rubish. They are either not providing the service themselves and therefore dont have the details or it's a scam to make you buy another rubish router.....

They direct you to a couple of sperious sites with password generators, one of which gave me a virus. I cannot tell you how shocking these guys are. I called today 13/6/2013 in a final attempt to get my router details and to talk about how i claim for the virus i got because i was directed to a website that was unsafe and their tech support is closed intil the 17th due to an upgrade!!! What a joke.

Check out all the bad press before you purchase sky broadband, these guys need to know we wont put up with this

Visitor
knightedwin

Forgot my router password, not saved on my pc

If I reset the router to default settings will that reset the password and user name to a default, and what is the default?

Sky sagemcom router?

Community Coordinator
Panlop-B

Hi Matt+Philips,

Sorry to hear your unhappy with your issue.

Could I ask what Router Details you were looking for? Most router details are displayed in the Router Status/Default Gateway page - http://192.168.0.1/sky_system.html

Unfortunately, you would be required to use a Sky Router with your Sky Broadband as we are not liable for you to use a no-sky product with your service. (Article 9.K - On the terms and conditions link below.)

http://www.sky.com/shop/terms-conditions/broadband/?refererIs=skyid&ExistingCustomer=true&returnToAu...

Regards,

Panlop
Community Coordinator

Community Coordinator
Panlop-B

Hi knightedwin,

Thanks for contacting us on the forum.

The default details are:

(user name) admin
(password) sky

Let us know if you require any further help!

Thanks,

Panlop
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
rudolfolah

because people see my password on the sky box black  pleas change on the wireless details

Community Coordinator
Caroline-E

Hi rudolfolah,

Thanks for your post there and sorry to hear that you have had problems with changing the default password on your Sky D-Link router.

If you could please give me some more details of the exact issue, I will try to help you further. 

many thanks,

Caroline
Community Coordinator