Certain channels show error code 25

Runner
Post 1 of 5

Certain channels show error code 25

HI all

I have a weird issue with my 1 week old sky plus HD box.  Certain channels (E.g. BBC2 HD, ITV1, Dave) give me a "your sky + box isn't receiving a satellite signal" error with "25" shown at the top right of the box.  Most channels (e.g. BBC1, Sky1 HD, all movie channels) work fine.  All channels worked properly for the first few days, this started on thursday.  I've tried the following:

1. Reset box, including holding down backup to do a system update

2. Rebuilt the planner

3.  Checked the dish, it seems fine

4.  Checked the signal strength, both input 1 and 2 are locked with almost maximum signal quality

I'm going to call the people that maintain our communal satellite dish but wondered if anyone had any ideas on other things I can try?

All Replies
Executive Producer
Post 2 of 5

Re: Certain channels show error code 25

see this

Swap LNB Cables - Disconnect the mains power supply to your Sky box, then unscrew the LNB cable connectors on the rear panel of your Sky + or Sky HD box. Then swap them over to see if one LNB output or cable feeder has gone faulty. If this restores the picture, check the F-connector on the 'no-signal cable' at both ends (dish and digibox) for short circuits caused by the coaxial cable outer braid touching the cable's centre copper core. Re-terminate the cable if necessary.

Runner
Post 3 of 5

Thanks for the tip, I tried swapping the cables but no difference. I'll have to wait for an engineer to look at it I guess.  At least the channels that don't work still work on other version of them e.g. no ITV but ITV+1 works!  Dave HD doesn't work, but Dave in standard definition does!

Runner
Post 4 of 5

Was there a solution to this? My box is doing exactly the same thing. 

It's on all the free to view channels that the signal drops out intermitently. Very, very frustrating! 

Community Manager
Post 5 of 5

Afternoon @myleswarwood

If you are receiving a no satellite signal error then we ask that you attempt the steps outlined here. If this fails to resolve the issue then we would possibly be looking at an engineer service call to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Kei
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers