Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
WinterIsComing
Accepted Solution

Catch up tv option has disappeared

I was able to get the option to get Catch up tv till about a week ago, but it's not showing up now. I can still see and access all the on demand options. Anyone else having the same problem or knows why?

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Catch up tv option has disappeared

Try unplugging the ethernet cable from the back of your sky box for a few minutes then plug it back in again.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
WinterIsComing

Thank you, that worked!
Contributor
Discoverer

I had the same problem last week and the same solution worked.

BUT why?  When nothing had been moved or changed.

Visitor
Sleepyshore

Thanks looked everywhere for help your message worked , :smileyhappy:
Community Coordinator
chelsea12

Hi Guys,

Great to hear that caesarome advise helped you resolve your issue.

Cheers

Jane
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Visitor
lullable1

Thanks very much. I had disconnected the power source to the sky wireless adaptor..... that didn't work.

I disconnected power source to WiFi modem..... that didn't work.

Then I found this forum, and the Ethernet cable tip worked. 

Thanks very much.

Community Coordinator
chelsea12

Hi lullable1,

Great to hear that you have resolved your issue with the On Demand service.

Hope to hear from you on the Forum soon.

Cheers,

Jane
Community Coordinator

Contributor
Discoverer

[ Edited ]

chelsea 12

Isn't it time that Sky looked into and explained why this re-occuring problem exists in the first place?

I have it at least 3 times a week.

It is fine and appreciated that a contibutor (who has obviously experienced the problem) comes up with a solution BUT isn't it encumbent on Sky to look into and then explain the need for a solution and then remove the need for that solution.

If many people find that the same (simple) solution works - then obviously there is no fault with the cable/it's connector/the router or the internet.

I use the best cable it is possible to buy & my router/internet is fully working when the problem occurs.

When any piece of equipment shows the same problem many times, with many users, which has the same (simple) solution, with no direct changes having to be made, then obviously the piece of equipment is at fault.

The fault obviously lie with-in the Sky box - there is obviously something wrong with it that needs to reset/cool down or 'clear'.

When are/is Sky going to take the solution into their hands, as is their responsibilty and not their paying customers?

Can you imagine a car manufacturer who had one of their models that kept cutting out saying "Oh good although there is a reoccuring problem a customer has found the solution so we don't need to do anything" - I think not.

Retired Staff Member
Fraser-H

Good afternoon Discoverer,

Thanks for taking the time to contribute to this thread about the problems some users have encountered in using the On Demand service.

All the comments and problems which get reported on the forum are highlighted to the relevant departments within Sky to allow us to work on this moving forward. When exactly anything can/will be implemented we do not know but I can assure you that this issue is not being taken lightly.

As soon as we have more information around this then it will definitely be posted on the forum for the community to be made aware of.

Thanks 

Contributor
Discoverer

Hi Fraser-H

I didn't just take the time to contribute to this thread but asked the same question, in a simpler form (perhaps too simple as no 'official' acknowledgement/answer), back in Dec '12 when I had the problem. - second new Sky Plus HD box in Oct. to replace one purchased and supplied in Sept., which had exactly the same fault(?).

This problem has been going on now for over 12 months and has been reported in different forms, under slightly different headings, in other threads also, including by myself, with the same none answer. 

Whilst I appreciate that with it's limited resources due to it's limited incoming revenues :smileywink: Sky might have difficulties finding a solution in only 12 months I would have thought that at least by now that Sky could have officially acknowledged the problem's existance.

But then, as with other problems, they've got the paying (but unpaid) customer to find solutions for them, so why bother.

Perhaps part of the over all problem is that Sky customers rely too much on posting their problems on an official Sky Forum and there would be much more reaction from Sky if all the problems were out in the 'public domain', under one heading "Sky Complaints", where they and Sky's reaction, or none reaction to them, could be seen by all.

I have even wondered (paranoia) if the many headings and sub-headings on Sky's Forums are not perhaps there on purpose to help 'water-down' the complaints.

Retired Staff Member
batweb79

Hi Discoverer,

I feel you may have missed the point of the Sky Forum - it was created to allow like minded people (Sky customer & enthusiast) to share knowledge and experiences of Sky products & services. In this regard customers are able to share experiences and help each other over similar faults or recommend products or services depending what the original poster is looking for.

The reason for the different headings is to allow posts of the same subject to be grouped together i.e  broadband issues in the broadband section not mixed in with TV issues or package enquiries.

As we have a portion of our customer base collectively in one area we do monitor, respond to posts and help out where we can. As Fraser mentioned earlier, any relevant information is passed on to the relevant departments within Sky so we do learn from what is discussed here.

From my experiences helping customers with the issue detailed above it seems to be a software glitch, resetting the box can help but if the problem persists a Software Update will usually resolve this once and for all. 

If you feel the need to make a complaint about any of our products or services you can do so here - from our dedicated complaints page.

Thanks,

Barry
Community Coordinator