Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Frequent Visitor
alex711

Cannot purchase movies in Sky Store

[ Edited ]

When I select a movie from the sky-store I get a message saying: 

"You cannot purchase this program, please call 08442 414141 for assistance". 

I have opened a case with sky support on 24th Novemeber and still as of today - 6th January, I am still not able to purchase movies on pay as you go - after tens of emails, phone calls and online chats.

Moreover, a few of sky advisors told me that I actually need to have a movie package to purchase movies on pay as you go, and even when i referred them to sky website offering the new service they still insisted they were giving me the right information!

It is a pity that Sky Staff has not been informed about that service and they keep providing wrong information to customers, turning them away from sky store.

back to my problem - the phone line is connected, the internet is connected, Sky staff did the standard tests, run software update on sky box, callbacks, enabled pay as you go, set up credit limit on my box and still nothing.

I can view programmes from catch up tv ok - bbc player etc.

During my last call to Sky - right before Christmas - (after they didn't call me back even though the callbacks were scheduled), the advisor confirmed that she ran all the tests and would need to escalate to a senior technician (yes, that is a month after I reported the problem and wanted to speak to technician). Since then I have been waiting for a call from the senior technician - 2 weeks already.

I have contacted Sky since then on chat and on email a few times asking when that call has been scheduled for or when can it be scheduled for - I am obviously at work most of the time so if I need to be at home for further tests to be done on my box, I would like to make the appointment accordingly. No reply so far for 2 weeks now.

All I wanted was to purchase another service from Sky and pay them more money and ended up wasting hours of my time in phone calls, emails, chats etc and money on calls. 

This is not the service I would expect and certainly does not help to retain the customers.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Aleksandra

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Good morning alex711,

I’ll have one of our team look into this further and will send a Private Message shortly requesting more details.

Reagrds,
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
SimonB10

Re: Cannot purchase movies in Sky Store

I have exactly the same issue ... And sky help desk seems incapable of helping. Please let me know if you discover a solution!

Occasional Visitor
rallen

absolutely the same issue.  The phone helpdesk has been absolutely no help whatsoever.  This forum is my last hope.  Extremely frustrating, and never had any issues with Virgin On Demand at all!!

Frequent Visitor
alex711

Hello both,

After my post here in forum, a technician called me and run through the tests again and eventually checked the callbacks from my box and said that it is likely that the reason I cannot purchase the movies is because I don't have yet at least 3 unforced callbacks from the box.

I found it a bit surprising as nowhere it says that pay as you go is available only for customers who have been with sky for at least 3 months...

Also, all the other on demand services from other providers dont seem to have such problems.

I have been a customer for 2 years but it appears my box was not making callbacks (not forced by the staff) and overall I only have one so far. So I was told I need to wait at least another 2 months.

So, I will let you know how I get on then - you can ask them to check your callbacks in the meantime.

Alex

Occasional Visitor
rallen

Thanks Alex - what is a call back???

And how did you get the technician to call you - was it through the advisor picking up your post on here?

Frequent Visitor
alex711

Yes, they finally called me after I posted the message on forum.

Don't know details about the callbacks but apparently it means sky box sending some signal / information to sky. what is the purpose of it - no idea.

Super User
caesarome

You might be able to do a call back yourself, information on how to do it can be found half way down this page:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-HD-SkyHD-Sky-3D/Sky-HD-quot-There-is-insufficient-credit-left-on-you...

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
Slj1002

I've had exactly the same problem but have just fixed it for myself so hope this works for you too:

press "services" on your remote,

then press 0, 0 , 1

scroll across to "tel settings"

scroll down to tel prefix

enter 1470

then press "save new settings" (green button)

this should start a call back

my screen said "callback in progress"

after 30 secs or so that message disappeared

i then came out of the menu (pressed the sky button i think)

tried to buy a movie in the sky store and i can!!!

hope this works for you

Frequent Visitor
alex711

Hi both,

thank you for your suggestions. I tried both but still cannot book the movies.

The technician told me these need to be self initiated so maybe that is the reason.

Alex

Community Coordinator
Andy-F21

Hi alex711,

Thanks for coming back to us with this.

When you spoke with the technical advisor, what steps were you taken through to try and get the issue resolved? If the steps attempted were unsuccessful in resolving the issue were you advised what would happen next?

Please come back to us and let us know and we will look in to this further for you.

Thanks,
Andy
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Frequent Visitor
alex711

Hi Andy,

Thanks for checking.

The issue is still present and I cannot purchase the movies.

You should be able to see the tests the different advisors run on my account, but to sum up these covered checking that the phone line is connected, the internet is connected, running software update on sky box, initiating callbacks, enabling pay as you go, setting up credit limit on my box, running the rebuild etc.

An advisor called me on Monday and said she will try to put a temporary block to call backs to see if that would help resolve the issue. She was due to call me back on Friday between 3 and 4pm to check if that helped and take the block off, if it hasn't. She did not call me as scheduled.

Therefore I need someone to take that block off as it did not resolve the issue.

I was told previously that I would need to have at least 3 self initiated call backs from the box to buy a movie - is that really the case? what is this needed for?

So i was basically told to wait a few months until there are some call backs - though now that the block has been put in place, there wouldn't be any.

Thank you

Aleksandra

Community Coordinator
chelsea12

Hi alex711,

I can see that you have been dealing with our escalation team and that your issue has been looked into.

Please let us know how you get on? 

Thanks,

Jane
Community Coordinator

Frequent Visitor
alex711

Hi Jane,

They have booked an engineer to come and look into this for Sunday - I will let you know if he is able to resolve the issue.

Best regards,

Aleksandra

Community Coordinator
Tricia07

Hi alex711,

Thanks for the update and please keep us posted on how you get on.:smileyhappy:

Tricia07
Community Coordinator