Cannot play downloaded film on Sky Go Extra

Answered
Go to Answer
Boom Operator
Post 1 of 15

Cannot play downloaded film on Sky Go Extra

Hi
As per title I cannot play a downloaded film on Sky Go Extra without Wifi. If I use my 3G connection I cannot watch a downloaded film but can if I have Wifi connection. I thought I could watch downloaded films offline?
Answers

Best Answers
Answer
Retired Staff Member
Post 6 of 15

Re: Cannot play downloaded film on Sky Go Extra

Evening RK123,

This has me keen to find out what is happening and I have just tried this on my colleague's iPhone 5. Sorry for the late reply.

Can you tell me what version of iOS are you on? When we tested this here we put the phone on Airplane Mode > opened Sky Go > Downloads > opened the film we had downloaded and this worked perfect no 3G or WiFi connection.

Can i get you to remove the app from your device(inc. the running app tray)reboot the phone and then re-install the app and try this please?

I await your reply and hope this helps you out.

Cheers,

Answer
Boom Operator
Post 11 of 15

This is my only post so by adding messages on other people's posts should not mean getting notified of every thread!

My issue is that to use your app to watch a download offline I have to switch my phone to airplane mode so I won't receive phone calls and emails or texts. Not the best use of my phone! No other options suggested appear to work - like rebooting my phone or app or several combinations of rebooting deleting and reloading!
Answer
Boom Operator
Post 15 of 15

solution was posted on another thread. reset network settings will do the trick but remember network settings will need to be reinput.

All Replies
Boom Operator
Post 2 of 15

Please note this is happening on my iphone5
Boom Operator
Post 3 of 15

It's a shame considering it was my first time trying to use the service on the train. Subscriptions are going up but is the quality of service?
Runner
Post 4 of 15

knocked sky desktop off ,cannot download

Boom Operator
Post 5 of 15

I removed the app and reinstalled it but that didn't work. I switched off my phone and back on and that didn't work. I redownloaded the film but that didn't work! Getting a little annoyed. Why can't I watch the film offline without wifi on?
Answer
Retired Staff Member
Post 6 of 15

Evening RK123,

This has me keen to find out what is happening and I have just tried this on my colleague's iPhone 5. Sorry for the late reply.

Can you tell me what version of iOS are you on? When we tested this here we put the phone on Airplane Mode > opened Sky Go > Downloads > opened the film we had downloaded and this worked perfect no 3G or WiFi connection.

Can i get you to remove the app from your device(inc. the running app tray)reboot the phone and then re-install the app and try this please?

I await your reply and hope this helps you out.

Cheers,

Boom Operator
Post 7 of 15

Hi Ross,

Thanks for contacting me.

I'm on the latest version of ios 6.1.4

Why Airport Mode? I did the remove the app and reinstall and that didn't work and was just very annoying.

I've just tried and this works. So that is good. But surely this is not how it is meant to work?

I look forward to your update.

regards

René

Retired Staff Member
Post 8 of 15

Great to hear back from you so soon René,

Great this has worked for you can you access the setting's in Sky Go on your iPhone and ensure you are able to use Sky Go when on 3G? If not can you please enable this for me and then try this again?

I hope this helps you and again let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Boom Operator
Post 9 of 15

3G is fine but your app isn't. It works but is not easy to use.
Retired Staff Member
Post 10 of 15

Hello RK123,

Thanks for posting back again and sorry that you are having problems with Sky Go, when you say Sky Go is not easy to use, how do you mean?  Can you explain what is happening or the problem that you are having?

Best regards,

Answer
Boom Operator
Post 11 of 15

This is my only post so by adding messages on other people's posts should not mean getting notified of every thread!

My issue is that to use your app to watch a download offline I have to switch my phone to airplane mode so I won't receive phone calls and emails or texts. Not the best use of my phone! No other options suggested appear to work - like rebooting my phone or app or several combinations of rebooting deleting and reloading!
Runner
Post 12 of 15

Not sure if prev post received but couldn't watch films on iPad on plane. Said needs wifi! Please help
Retired Staff Member
Post 13 of 15

Hello RK123, nutz21,

Thanks for your posts, Can i clarify that when you are trying to watch this downloaded content that it's in this country?

Cheers,

Runner
Post 14 of 15

Thanx 4 your reply. Had downloaded several films from sky go extra 2 watch on flights to & from Cyprus. Whilst on the plane I had my iPad in flight mode & when I tried 2 watch one, it attempted to load then said I needed wifi! I thought once a film was downloaded it was available offline without wifi being needed. Is there any hope of being able to watch one on my flight home?! Thanx
Answer
Boom Operator
Post 15 of 15

solution was posted on another thread. reset network settings will do the trick but remember network settings will need to be reinput.

Recommended Threads