Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
I'm New Here
rene2001

Can you connect an external hard disc to Sky+ box to watch movies through it?

I have an external hard drive with 1TB of movies on it but my multimedia player just died. I noticed the Sky+ box has a usb port. Can I plug in the external hard drive and use the Sky+ box as a media converter?

Thank you
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
Annie+UK

Re: Can you connect an external hard disc to Sky+ box to watch movies through it?

No, you can not attach any external storage devices to a Sky box.

Annie..........        Xbox Gamertag: Annie UK

Sky customer since 1989 - βeta tester for: WindowsTechPreview, Xbox One, Windows Phone, Sky+HD etc... Hardware: DRX890 to LG 32LV550T, DRX895 to LG 42LV550T, Lumia 1520, Xbox One,, iPad Air 2 (128GB WiFi)

If someone helps you please click the thumbs up icon and/or accept as a solution, in the post options, where appropriate. Thanks.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
I'm New Here
rene2001

Re: Can you connect an external hard disc to Sky+ box to watch movies through it?

Thank you very much Annie. Great help! ; )