Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
DanielMilton

Can't see wireless SSID when ethernet cable connected

Hi,

I am using a Dlink Sky router, and I'm getting a bit of a weird problem. We have 3 laptops in the house, and one of them doesn't have wireless connectivity. I can connect the other 2 laptops over wireless fine, or I can connect all 3 laptops via ethernet cables fine.

However, if I try and connect the non wireless connectivity laptop via an ethernet cable, then the SSID disappears from the list of available networks from the other 2 laptops, once I unplug the ethernet cable then it appears in the list again.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Staff
Malcolm-M

Can't see wireless SSID when ethernet cable connected

Hi Daniel, that is a bit of a weird one.

Do you lose the wireless connectivity or is it just that a search doesn't find the SSID?

Does it happen if you connect one of the wireless laptops using Ethernet?

Which of our routers do you have?

Have you tried rebooting the router or resetting it by holding in the recessed button for 10 seconds on the back?
Malcolm-M
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
DanielMilton

Re: Can't see wireless SSID when ethernet cable connected

Thanks. I'm going to try and sort out the wireless strength before I tackle this one again.