Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
Ferdiboy
Accepted Solution

Can't see BBC Red button Olympic Channels

I get Error Code C501-U70-L1970. Is there anything I can do? Very annoying at this time! I've already rebooted

Thanks
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
nellcas

Re: Can't see BBC Red button Olympic Channels

I have the same issue
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
holderpeter

I have been having the same issues and the Red Button for Olympics seems to freeze or show the error code, BUT...

I have found that all of the 24 Olympics Channels that the Red Button will link to have been added as extra channels and you can access them directly from channel 450-473 or on HD 474-497. I hope that helps!

Super User
caesarome

If you have a HD box (even without the HD pack) the HD BBC Olympic channels are on 450 - 473.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
Sugarbeet

That's good to know - but why on earth haven't we been told about it by The Beeb?

Senior Member (Gold)
John8372

[ Edited ]

The channel number are probably different on Freesat and Virgin, and Freeview won't have all of them. Probably don't want to confuse viewers trying to explain the channel numbers.

Visitor
Jonno40

I can't get the Olympic channels as "No signal received" error so I have to use the Red button from BBC1. When I try this I get the same error code C501-U70-L1970. It doesn't happen all the time, I was wondering if this is a problem with the box itself. I have tried rebooting and unplugging the box etc but to no avail.
Senior Member (Gold)
John8372

If you are getting no signal errors this is probably the reason for the red button error code as they use the same video feeds.

Have you tried a planner rebuild?

Visitor
Jonno40

Thanks for the reply, I haven't tried a planner rebuild as I'm not sure how to do that, but I'll find out and will give it a go when I get home tonight. 

Senior Member (Gold)
John8372

Visitor
Jonno40

Thanks for your help ans suggestions John8372, I'm still getting the problem after doing that so I guess it must be down to that dodgy signal after all.  I'll have to use the internet to watch the stuff I missed :smileyhappy:

Occasional Visitor
Northern+sky

Many, many thanks.  Have not been able to use red button - along with various other problems today.

We can now watch the olympics as we choose.

Retired Staff Member
batweb79

Hi Jonno40,

It has been brought to our attention that some viewers are getting an error code C501-U79-L1970, when pressing the Red Button to access the Olympics service. You should first try turning off the box at the plug for a minute, then turn it back on again.

Should this not resolve the issue it is likely to be a signal problem.

To confirm if it is a signal problem, try to tune directly using the EPG listing, if this is not possible this confirms that your problem is with the signal and not the box.

Thanks

Barry
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
jackie+k

Thanks - that helps and stops family moaning that can't see the events they want to!

Visitor
john+lloyd

I had the same problem but it was only when I tried to reboot my Sky Box that the problem emerged.

For some reason the box thought I was recording so 'Interactive Sevices' were unavailable. I checked all the channels using both the Planner and TV Listings. There were no recordings. Problem solved by disconnecting Sky Box from the mains, waiting a few moments, re-connecting and waiting again for 3 or 4 minutes, then switching on box from standby mode. It takes a little time so be patient.

John Lloyd