Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
I'm New Here
DiZol
Accepted Solution

Can't log into Sky Go Desktop after installing it

Hi, i just downloaded Sky Go Desktop onto my laptop but can't log into Sky Go Desktop after installing it. I get a messge saying 'Sky Go uses MS Silverlight to play On Demand contents on the Sky Go Desktop. When prompted regarding playback of protected contents please choose "Enable" if you wish to continue watching on our service.' 

I checked the setting on Silverlight and Playback that tick box is ticked. Not sure at this point why I can't log in.

Thanks

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
JRT1991

Re: Can't log into Sky Go Desktop after installing it

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Welcome to the community. Sorry you are having problems, can you please try the following:

Access Sky Go online through your browser, log-in and watch some content, then return to your desktop app and try to log-in again.

You can find Sky Go online below:

Http://go.sky.com

If that doesn't work come back and let us know.

Joshua
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
I'm New Here
DiZol

I tried to watch something yesterday but it would stop on ads. It's worked just now though. Thanks

I'm New Here
awak

This is EXACTLY what's happening to me - however, I still haven't even been able to watch anything just on SKY Go either. Like you said, it just stops after the ads every single time. VERY frustrating!

Staff
John-B

Hi awak,

Nice to see some new members getting in touch.

I would suggest uninstalling Sky go and silverlight, then reboot your PC and re-install them both.

If you can let me know how you get on.

Regards

John-B
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.