Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Garaham

Can't get online?

Hi,have just had my sky broadband activated.my laptop has found the connection but windows is unable to find a certificate to log on,it also say's for status validating identity?

could anyone please help.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
Emma-O

Re: Can't get online?

Hi Graham,

Thanks for taking the time to post and welcome.

Sorry to see you are having these issues, have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the wireless drivers on the laptop

Regards, 

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Tracey+Everett

Hi, can anyone help please. I have just move broadband suppliers to sky and my activation date was yesterday my wireless connection keeps showing 'validating Identity' and will not connect, I have no problems connecting using the cable, I also have a message of 'windows unable to fine certificate etc..' I have no idea how to get past this! I have uninstalled the adapter and reinstalled it but it still has the above problems. Strangely the kids xbox has connected with no problems!!!

Thanks

Tracey

Community Coordinator
Andy-F21

Hi Tracey+Everett,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post.

Have a look at our steps for setting up a wireless adaptor to see if this can help.

Please come back to us and let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Andy
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
serkdaturk84

Download service pack 3 from windows, worked for me