Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
I'm New Here
indanthrone
Accepted Solution

Can only record program I'm watching, turning off single mode loses program synopsis.

Fed up with only being able to record programmes I'm watching, on the forum I read about "turning off single mode" doing this made me lose the "program synopsis". Also when I pressed record on another channel it showed the red R next to the program but the red light wasn't on the front of the box. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
El Capo
seandouglas2

Re: Can only record program I'm watching, turning off single mode loses program synopsis.

Hi why did you turn off? Just turn it back on! You need two feeds, only customers with single feeds need to switch that on.Thanks Sean
Please note, I do not work for Sky. I am a paying customer, like you.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
I'm New Here
indanthrone

Re: Can only record program I'm watching, turning off single mode loses program synopsis.

I did turn it back on. I still can't record a program I'm not watching.

Super User
Mark39

Can you confirm you have two feeds from the dish? What are the signal strengths on each dish input (Services > Settings > Signal)?

I'm New Here
indanthrone

[ Edited ]

I only have input 1 and both bars (signal and strength) look full.

El Capo
seandouglas2

Hi thats why you can only record one program at a time. Can you get a second feed? Thanks Sean
I'm New Here
indanthrone

Sorry I don't really know what that means. I'm not very technical.

El Capo
seandouglas2

Hi no worries. You only have one cable from the dish to the Sky box if you look at the back you will see it. you need two cables. Thanks Sean

http://www.jasonhill.co.uk/sky-hd-single-feed-mode-how-to
Super User
Mark39

indanthrone wrote:

I only have input 1 and both bars (signal and strength) look full.

If you have only one cable from the satellite dish, then I'm afraid you can only record or watch one live programme at a time. You also need to have Single Feed Mode set on to allow your Sky box to work correctly with one cable.

I'm New Here
indanthrone

Thanks. is the second cable something I attach to the box and the dish as well as the cable that's there already? 

I'm New Here
indanthrone

I just cant understand, it used to record a second program then it just stopped doing it. Perhaps I've pulled a cable out when moving it. I'll check tomorrow.

El Capo
seandouglas2

Hi look at this might help Thanks Sean

http://help.sky.com/tv/set-up-your-sky-tv/set-up-your-sky-box
I'm New Here
indanthrone

Just looked at the back of the box. The second cable had came away from the metal screw that attaches it to the box. Ive reconnected it and I'll have a fiddle to see if I can get the box to recognise it. Thanks for all your help. 

Super User
Mark39

indanthrone wrote:

I just cant understand, it used to record a second program then it just stopped doing it.

If you've been able to record two programmes simultaneously in the past, then you must already have two cables from the dish. Yes, it's easy to dislodge or loosen a connection when you move the box, so try that first. There are some further simple checks you can carry out if that doesn't help, so let us know how you get on.

El Capo
seandouglas2

[ Edited ]

Hi it should be all good to go. You will see to signal feeds in the settings menu and back to watching and recording one recording two! Please accepted this as a solution to help others! Thanks Sean