Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
Westywoo

Can I watch programmes that have been recorded on my planner, on my IPad via sky go/sky+??

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Can I watch programmes that have been recorded on my planner, on my IPad via sky go/sky+??

Programs on your planner can only be watched via your sky box.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Dwrlovestoshop

Re: Can I watch programmes that have been recorded on my planner, on my IPad via sky go/sky+??

When will I be able to watch recordings on my sky planner on my iPad or iPhone or even laptop. And why is it so difficult to download tv to iPads to watch when not connected to wireless or 3 g?
Super User
caesarome

Dwrlovestoshop wrote:
When will I be able to watch recordings on my sky planner on my iPad or iPhone or even laptop.

This is not possible.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
Matt+Denchfield

Do you know if this will ever be possible?

I would also be useful to manage the content remotely, such as delete items which have been recorded online via Sky Go, Sky + app or web.

Super User
caesarome

Matt+Denchfield wrote:

Do you know if this will ever be possible?

I would also be useful to manage the content remotely, such as delete items which have been recorded online via Sky Go, Sky + app or web.

You will not be able to watch progra,s on your sky box on your ipad but according to various press releases today there is to be an update to the sky+ app on the ipad which will allow you to use your ipad to control your sky box, live pause etc and you will be able to access your box's planner even when watching something via your box.

I do not work for Sky.
Frequent Visitor
chrisn68

Have you people not heard of DNLA? It not hard to link to a DVD or computer and watch a recorded show so why don't your sky boxes do it too? Keep up with the tech!!!
Retired Staff Member
JRT1991

[ Edited ]
Chrisn68

Thank you for your suggestion, I will forward to the product development team for consideration. I suspect it may contravene some of our content distribution licence agreements, but I will forward it up to the appropriate team.

Thanks again
Joshua
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
Hilas

Can I watched program's on my planner on my I pad
Super User
caesarome

Hilas wrote:
Can I watched program's on my planner on my I pad

This has been answered in the second post.

I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
SkyID-DisplayName

[ Edited ]
On 23-02-2013 Joshua wrote: Thank you for your suggestion, I will forward to the product development team for consideration. I suspect it may contravene some of our content distribution licence agreements, but I will forward it up to the appropriate team.

So again we ask...when will this facility to watch programs on our iPads that have been recorded onto our sky hd boxes be made available to sky customers?
Frequent Visitor
chrisn68

[ Edited ]

My guess is when pigs fly, we have moonbases, and a goverment who gives a crap about the people they are supposed to govern  - in otherwords NEVER!!  

Seems crazy that most DVD Hard Drive machines have DLNA built in. You can record from your Sky box on there and be able to watch on your ipad and thats lega but  they think its not legal watching them via DLNA from a Sky Box!!! To me its lazyness and too much control on Sky's part.GET WITH THE TIMES SKY!!

Occasional Visitor
Imploded+Atom

Seems like a pretty basic facility to offer.

We can already watch live TV on mobile devices, so I'm not sure how streaming from the planner would be any different in terms of legal and technical implications.
Occasional Visitor
Rounsevell

I'm having problems watching programs that have been recorded on planner on my I.phone and I.pad
Super User
caesarome

The reason you are having a problem is because this isnt possible as has been explained in the posts above yours.

I do not work for Sky.