Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
SteveFord
Accepted Solution

Can I use my own Sky box.

I currently have a sky package with one Sky+HD box. I want an additional Sky+ box but dont want to pay the extreme installation cost. However my friend made me aware that he has an old sky+ box and hasnt used it for months. Would i be able to use this box and avoid the cost of buying a new one. Then just pay the monthly multiroom fee?

Thanks,

Steve

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Super User
caesarome

Re: Can I use my own Sky box.

Yes you would be able to use this box but you would need two feeds from your dish to it otherwise you would be unable to record one channel while watching a second station. Once you have it installed you would need to call sky to get them to pair your viewing card to this box and for them to add multiroom to your subscripition.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
SteveFord

Ok so it sounds possible. The problem here would be getting the cables from the dish into the other room. Also setting up the box would be complicated. Reading the multiroon procing it shows the box would be £199 but the set-up is free. So if i supplied the box i could still get it installed for free?

El Capo
PaulEK

You would have to ask Sky about that as I would expect that they are offsetting the cost of install via the cost of box and multiroom subs. I doubt if they are going to send out an engineer for free to fit an LNB and run a cable for you.

Used to work for Sky and BT ADSL tech support but please don't hate me for it :smileywink:
Explorer
Papag+1

If you want an even cheaper way just talk a coaxil lead from the RF output on the sky box and run it to your new one only problem is that you will only be able to view whats on the main box