Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Frequent Visitor
bigade1
Accepted Solution

Can I use Sky Go on my daughter's PS3?

As the title states - can I use the service on a PS3 and if not will it become available and when? I hate this business of tv players e.g. BBC and ITV and Sky not being cross platform and favouring particular consoles. It's totally unfair trading practice in my opinion.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Robert

Re: Can I use Sky Go on my daughter's PS3?

[ Edited ]

Hi bigade1,

Currently Sky Go is not available on the PlayStation 3, unfortunately we do not currently have any information regarding plans to release Sky Go for the this platform.

We will however pass on your feedback regarding this.

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Frequent Visitor
bigade1

I'm very dissapointed in the time it took you to answer this post, Robert - a full 6 minutes! No seriously, thanks for you speedy reply - maybe some other customer service personnel could learn from you. Not the answer I was hoping for, mind, but that's not your fault lol. Nevertheless, I re-iterate what I stated in my first post that in my opinion it's totally unfair for tv service providers to favour a particular console. It's giving certain manufacturers an unfair trading advantage and this remark is not intended for Sky in particular but applies to all the tv service providers. Thanks for being so helpfull anyway Robert, much appreciated.

Visitor
Nicky1234

Thanks also for the reply, I would also like to be able to use it from a Playstation 3 - main reason, it is connected to a bigger TV than my PC is :-)

Is there any where Sky Customers can register their interest in this, to allow you to gauge the appetite for it amongst your customers?

Thanks

Visitor
philip+burton

i also have ps3 wont entertain x box please lets have sky on the ps3

Occasional Visitor
deborah111

I have xbox 360 and use for sky it's brill

Visitor
cn19

"it's totally unfair for tv service providers to favour a particular console."

BBC iPlayer, ITV Player and 4OD are not available on Xbox 360. Sky Player is. Swings and Roundabouts.

Buy both :smileyhappy:

Occasional Visitor
CprlRst

buy both that would mean having to pay to watch sky twice as i understand sky player is only avalableto xboxlive gold subscribers. why on earth anyone would want to play twice is beyond me

Occasional Visitor
StiX29

now we do have all of them.. bbc iplayer 40d etc

Occasional Visitor
McMurray

[ Edited ]

People buy xbox live gold to play online its a bonus that they can watch sky so they dont pay twice and the PS3 would be a better choice for sky as it has more reliable hardware than the microsoft counterpart and it has free online connectivity out of the box.

Contributor
schmike74

Hi all,

I'm about to try and setup my soon to be purchased xbox 360 and see that you're saying sky can only be setup on an xbox with a gold membership. Is this definitley the case as I dont really want to subscribe to a years xbox live as I never play online :smileysad:

Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi schmike74, 

I have asked about this for you and unfortunately you will require a gold membership. Here is the information about this. 

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Frequent Visitor
Liz1952

It would be free to use if it was on the ps3.

Super User
caesarome

It isn't on a PS3.
__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Contributor
schmike74

Not necessarily. It could be made available only for online + members or whatever it's called on the ps3. However as said it isn't available unfortunately.