Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Getting There
bozz

Block Mobile calls

Hi, Is it possable to put a block on my house phone to mobile phones. thanks.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Shelz

Re: Block Mobile calls

Hi bozz,

Unfortunately we do not provide this service via Sky Talk.

The only calling feature that we have that will block any numbers is our last caller barring which will allow you to stop up to 10 numbers. 

For more information on the features that we do provide on our Sky Talk service please see here.

Many thanks,

Shelz
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Getting There
Marshmallow1

I need to do the same due to a teenager with special needs running up huge bills.  I think I've found the solution and have ordered new phones with a call restriction function - Panasonic KX-TG6613, £40 from Amazon for a triple set.  Apparently each handset can bar up to 6 numbers, each with a limit of 8 characters, so I'm proposing to restrict certain 07 numbers.   I know these are decent phones anyway as I have the previous model.  I also seem to recall my previous Binatone handsets had a similar function as I used it to bar 09 calls.

Retired Staff Member
StacieB

Hi Marshmallow1,

Thanks for your post.

Can you get back to us and let us know how you get on with the new handsets as this would be good information for the community.

Getting There
Marshmallow1

[ Edited ]

The new handsets work a treat for me.  I've blocked 09 calls and a few mobile numbers and applied it to all the handsets, although you don't have to.

A couple of things to watch out for though: 

• My son helpfully pointed out that he could still ring the mobile number by dialling 141 first.  I soon put a stop to that!
  • You need a PIN to access the call restriction feature.  Fine, other than that the user manual tells you how to reset the PIN if you forget it.  Not very helpful if you've got an enterprising teenager.

There's also a call barring function which will be useful for putting an end to persistent nuisance sale calls.  I'm sure other phones have the same features - it's worth checking before forking out for new ones.  The model number's usually found in the battery compartment and user guides can be accessed online.

I've also just discovered that I could have bought one phone (at £18) as I can register my old handsets to the new base and the call restriction is effective.

Getting There
freeyourphone

Hi,

the answer to blocking all outgoing mobile (07), premium rate (09) calls from your sky telephone line is here

http://www.digitalhomenetworks.com/payment-centre/block-outgoing-calls-on-sky-telephone-lines/

It does mean spending £40 on a new super panasonic phone but small fry compared to what some of you are experiencing.

Cheers

Getting There
lougaz

WHY DO YOU NOT PROVIDE THIS very IMPORTANT mOBILE bARRING fEATURE, AS bt DO !!!!  THIS IS WHY my bROTHER WILL NOT JOIN UP TO SKY pHONE, !!!!   OW DO YOU EXPECT TO STOP THE KIDS FRON CALLING EXPENSIVE NUMBERS THEN !!??? AND PREMIUM RATE CALLS ??!!!

I'm New Here
kakabon

I would be obliged if you could put a stop to all mobile calls.