Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Jturney

Re: Blackberry Playbook

I have to say since purchasing a Playbook I have been very disappointed that Sky do not see fit to support this and other BlackBerry products.  I use an iPhone so have not found a way of tether the Playbook and I can not download the WiFi Cloud App for my PB as it is only supported by Android and IOS4.  The WiFi Cloud App does not seem to work on the phone most of the time anyway, very poor product, so I use 3G predominantly.  However, I thought the screen size of the PB would be perfect for watching mobile TV and internet browsing, far better then the iPhone and an more convenient pocket size then a iPad.

It does seem that the only thing holding Sky back from developing a product for RIM are internal politics now.  Apple are making a fortune selling their products at a huge mark up.  Unfortunately there are many people out there that continue to pay their over inflated prices.  Some of which I know who give the reason 'it just works'.  I am sure it could be made to work across all platforms if the will was there.  I wonder if there is some kind of contract/financial agreement in the background between Sky and Apple meaning they are unwilling to develop products for BlackBerry users.  As said Sky Go has now been developed for Android and the latest release of OS 2.0 for playbook now supports repacked Android products.  Come on Sky, lets have some support for BlackBerry and submit a repacked Android version to RIM.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
RichTLich

Couldnt agree more with these comments.  I've been a Sky customer for over 10 years but am getting brassed off with the selective nature of their apps.  They seem happy to take Blackberry's advertising fee for Sky Atlantic but wont develop a Sky Go app for their products.  Really bizarre strategy. 

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
dazzyboy

Completely agree. The BBC, one of the biggest broadcasting corporations in the world can make an app that works, ITV Player works, 4Od works. Come on Sky, it can't be that difficult. With the recent price drop for the PlayBook, there are going to be a lot more user's out there wanting Skygo. With BlackBerry sponsorship all over Sky channels at the moment, it is a joke that Skygo doesn't work on the PlayBook.

Please sort it out Sky. We can't all afford I-Pads!

Occasional Visitor
Smasher999

Hi sky again another person disappointed that you don't ether have an app for the playbook, and or have the chance for it to work,

come on guys sort it out.

Occasional Visitor
talkandplay

Got fed up waiting on sky to confirm they are working on an app for the BB playbook,just cancelled my £40 sky package in protest but don't think they are bothered and have chosen to ignore this thread now and all the feedback.

Was a dealbreaker for me with 2 playbooks in the household,such a shame SKY will not listen to its own customers.

Occasional Visitor
pumpkin2008

Been a sky customer for years. Very disappointed that unable to use sky go but not surprised at poor response

Occasional Visitor
Rob+Hurren

Agee with all previous comments. Sky sort your act out. Bought this tablet presuming all sky apps would work on it. Yet again pissed off with sky not supporting another device of mine 

Visitor
Spurs+Star+123

I am writing this on a great product, yes the BlackBerry PlayBook! 

BlackBerry must have now sold many thousands of these playbook to SKY customers with the recent price drop. With many outlets in the UK selling out. Also RIM have committed to BlackBerry 10 Software for the Playbook next year. SKY listen, the BlackBerry PlayBook is not going away. We are still SKY customers.

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR CUSTOMERS????? 

Visitor
Spurs+Star+123

Considering BlackBerry sponsor SKY Atlantic, this issue must be sorted. SKY are you monitoring these forums ?

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR SKY CUSTOMERS!!

Thank you.

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi all,

The Blackberry playbook is currently not a supported device on the Sky Go service. You can find out more info here.

Thanks.

Occasional Visitor
GP61

Good enough. Take a very small slice of the BB sponsorship money and develop an app for BB. Or are Apple paying Sky a huge amount of their overinflated costly apps to NOT develop it for BB? Absolute joke when BB is probably the second most used device after iPhone.
Occasional Visitor
Paul+Windsor

Why do you not speak to RIM/BlackBerry about converting the Android edition for porting straight on to the PlayBook?

There are tools and support available on https://developer.blackberry.com/

Visitor
Davidsb

Moved from Virgin after 20 years persuaded by all the promises. Turns out Sky have the same desperate customer service once you sign up. I changed to an iphone4 because I like the phone. Hate the BlackBerry phones and have to use one at work. Love the Playbook and have two at home. Come on Sky at least try to service a high number of your customers who appreciate the benefits of a Playbook rather than an ipad. Cost and size being the main reasons.

Not looking good to renew my contract with you.

Occasional Visitor
Gravenor

Tanks but no thanks for your info regarding Sky go for Playbook, i.e. 'Playbook is not currently supported platform for Sky Go'.  Big help as usual, typical Sky Customer Services response as ever showing total contempt to your customers heres hoping Virgin will be in my area soon so that I can totally ditch you and your rubbish service

Occasional Visitor
Dave+The+Red

Judging by its reaction to any of the numerous complaints from its over-charged customers, Sky as a company has never had anything but contempt for their justifiable concerns.

A case in point would be their abyssmal reaction/response to anyone who queries its non-support for the Blackberry Playbook in respect of 'Sky Go'!