Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Contributor
Ellis51773
Accepted Solution

BBC ONE HD NOT IN THE EPG

does anyone know when they sky box with update the epg with bbc one HD. i need to re set the recording of the apprentice.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
Dsldude

Re: BBC ONE HD NOT IN THE EPG

Hi Ellis,

The channel opens on Sky Channel 143 at 7pm tonight replacing the slot used by

BBC HD, that will move to ch 169.

You will see the EPG updated later today to reflect this.

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ellis51773

hi

thanks for that i know that it will be 143 but it hasnt appeared on the epg as yet. hopefully it will update later on

Frequent Contributor
Dogglllzzz

I see the channel on my EPG. If you select it now there is amongst other things, a rotating ferris wheel on a red background. There is also some background noise. The is also channel information and where it can be found on different platforms.

Contributor
Ellis51773

it aint on mine or any guys i know. we are in ireland. we once again get left till last and pay more than you guys there. we have bbc 1 2 and hd but no bbc one hd

thereader

Irish users need to create a PUBLIC FUSS about the second class service.  Enough of a fuss the Sky might worry about future customers being discouraged from signing up.  

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

As I have said before on another thread, it is the decision of individual broadcasters as to who gets their channels, and where.  This has nothing to do with Sky.  It is part of the Carriage Agreement.  Similarly, the BBC decides where its regional channel variations will be seen in the UK - usually by postcode.  That is why your card defaults to  regional channels according to where the card has been registered. 

You should be contacting the BBC about this, not Sky.  It has nothing to do with Sky.  BBC HD eventually appeared on ROI EPG's, and it may be the same with BBC One HD.  That decision will be made by the BBC, not Sky. For the same reasons, I believe UPC do not carry BBC One HD either.

As BBC One HD is not encrypted, it can be added in Add Channels in the Service Menu.  On the Sky remote, press Services>Options>Add Channels.  Enter 10847, V, 22000, 5/6.  Press Yellow to find channels.  On the resulting page, highlight 'BBC One HD' and press Yellow to store.  You'll then find it in 'Other Channels'.  It can not be recorded.