Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Visitor
DHWsky

BBC Catch up - iplayer

on Sky programmes available on BBC iplayer seem somewhat random. For example THe Great British menu is on live on BBC2 each night but on iplayer only some nights are available e.g. This week Monday, Tuesday but not Wednesday. Is this an error or deliberate? If deliberate, why?

If also have iplayer in one room on my Sony DVD player and various computers and all episodes are available.

Thanks
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Retired Staff Member
GRF4784

Re: BBC Catch up - iplayer

Hi DHWsky,

Thanks for posting.

It is the BBC who control the content available via iPlayer  in the On Demand section so you will need to contact them directly to discuss this further.

Thanks,

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Visitor
DHWsky

Do you have contact details at the BBC?

An observation. I would have thought that Sky would be concerned that the iplayer on Sky does not have the full content available on other platforms e.g. BT Vision, Youview and Freesat. Do you have no influence?

To confirm I am currently a Sky subscriber, as part of that service you do promote iplayer as part of your catch up service.
Occasional Visitor
SteveSO

Have just tried to watch a BBC programme broadcast yesterday on Catch Up and Sky demands I have to enter a PIN code before I can watch. Never had a PIN code so this is meaningless. Never mind better go back to watching catch Up via the blu-ray player and transfer to cable as Sky doesn't deliver what it advertises.

Community Coordinator
Kris+McD

Hi DHWsky,

Thanks for your reply.

I would say that we have a point of contact with the BBC over this however this isn't something that would would give out.

We may not have the full content as yet however this is still in it early days and I'm sure this will get bigger and better as time goes on. I cannot say what influence we have over what goes on this however I will try to find this out.

Cheers

Kris+McD
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Super User
caesarome

SteveSO wrote:

Have just tried to watch a BBC programme broadcast yesterday on Catch Up and Sky demands I have to enter a PIN code before I can watch. Never had a PIN code so this is meaningless.

Your pin code is the last 4 number on your viewing card or you can set to to whatever you want via thi link:

https://myaccount.sky.com/tv/pin/

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Visitor
DHWsky

Thanks Kris, a helpful reply.
Frequent Contributor
WonderWabbit+Ste

Easy Programme search function missing in BBC iPlayer on Sky On-Demand

DHWsky wrote:
On Sky, programmes available on BBC iplayer seem somewhat random......

Why does BBC iPlayer on SKY not have a search ALL programmes feature as exists in ITVPlayer, 4oD, & Demand 5

Not having this feature means you have to know which category the BBC has stored the prgramme under.
A Search function exists on the web version of BBC iPlayer; Why on SKY On-Demand do you have to hunt through EVERY category on iPlayer in the hope to finding the programme you want to watch .

I see you say it is a BBC iPlayer issue -
I'm stll waiting to hear back from the BBC

Regards

Stephen

Frequent Contributor
WonderWabbit+Ste

Re: Easy Programme search function missing in BBC iPlayer on Sky On-Demand

I've had a reply on this:

Thanks for contacting the BBC iPlayer Support Team.

I understand you've contacted us regarding the 'search all' feature within the BBC iPlayer.

When the BBC iPlayer was launched on Sky on Demand it was decided not to add this feature, however we are grateful for audience feedback and for registering your interest in this feature. This will help us when reviewing and developing the BBC iPlayer on this platform.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to contact us.

Kind Regards

Tanya McKee

BBC Audience Services

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer__________________________________________________________

So, the more people who ask for the feature, iPlayer may consider adding it.

Frequent Contributor
WonderWabbit+Ste

Re: Easy Programme search function missing in BBC iPlayer on Sky On-Demand (solution)

or

1. Go to the search tab (press blue on the TV guide)
2. Type the name of the programme you are looking for and press enter
3. Press right twice to go to the On Demand tab in search

and resolved, No needs for Search All in any of the Players for BBC, ITV, Ch4 or Ch5

Super User
Annie+UK

Re: Easy Programme search function missing in BBC iPlayer on Sky On-Demand (solution)

WonderWabbit+Ste wrote:

or

1. Go to the search tab (press blue on the TV guide)
2. Type the name of the programme you are looking for and press enter
3. Press right twice to go to the On Demand tab in search

and resolved, No needs for Search All in any of the Players for BBC, ITV, Ch4 or Ch5

That only works if you know the exact name of the programme as it appears in the TV guide.

If you are browsing for something to watch then an all section is very useful.

Annie.......... Xbox Gamertag: Annie UK  - Titanfall Gen4 -  Sky Help - YouTube channel

Sky customer since 1989 - βeta tester for: Xbox One, Windows Phone, Sky+HD etc... Hardware: DRX890 to LG 32LV550T, DRX895 to LG 42LV550T, Lumia 1520, Xbox One, Dell XPS18 iPad Occupation: Senior Analyst/Programmer

If someone helps you please click the thumbs up icon and/or accept as a solution, in the post options, where appropriate. Thanks.