Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Contributor
ExLostFan
Accepted Solution

BBC 1 and BBC HD disappeared a week ago, other channels appear OK

Hi all, I'm new here so please forgive if it's already been covered, or point me to relevant thread.

My problem is that I suddenly lost BBC1 and BBC HD about a week ago.  They show as "no signal".   I can still get to the regional variants of BBC1 (eg. using 983 instead of 101) but both 101 and BBC HD are totally gone.

Other channels appear fine so please don't suggest a cable has come unplugged or I wouldn't get any channels.  Also, the dish is fine, it hasn't changed position or been affected by weather of any kind.  Finally, I have tried rebooting twice, this has not helped either.  I've checked all my connections.  There's no physical problem my end.

I heard rumours there was a recent terrestrial switchoff in my region and wondered if this coincided or was related in some way. (although I can't see how).

I can see nothing on the on-screen service menu that helps at all.  Does anyone on this forum know anything that could help?  Thanks!

BTW, I would rather use this forum as a first source of help rather than phoning sky, because of phone bill, plus I'm too busy to make long calls at the moment, especially to be told obvious things like checking cables are plugged in.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

Re: BBC 1 and BBC HD disappeared a week ago, other channels appear OK

Delete any BBC entries in Other Channels, then reboot the box at the mains.  Allow 4 minutes for the EPG listings to load, then press Sky to view.  Hopefully the BBC1 HD & BBC HD will be there.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Contributor
ExLostFan

I have no channels whatsoever listed in Other Channels so there is nothing to delete.

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

Reboot the box at the mains.

Contributor
ExLostFan

Alreday tried rebooting twice, as I said above... ?   Did not help.

Senior Member (Platinum)
Kenneth+M

Try a channel scan in New Installation in the Service menu ( Services 0 0 1 & press Select ).

Contributor
ExLostFan

But I don't want to lose all my recordings and/or series links???

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi ExLostFan, 

The process above given by Kenneth+M will not affect your series links or recordings.

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Contributor
ExLostFan

This did not work, the channels are still missing.  I tried it twice and no luck.  Also another reset at mains.  Still nothing.  Any other ideas?  Perhaps the dish is faulty after all?  Although I can't see why it would suddenly go wrong.

Community Coordinator
Robert-B

Hi ExLostFan,

Can you try a planner rebuild and post back your results?

This will not delete any series links or recordings.

Robert-B
Community Coordinator

Contributor
ExLostFan

Planner rebuild did not help. Here's a summary of what's been tried so far.  BBC1 and BBC HD, plus a few others, appear to be gone forever, and I have no idea why.

- Reboot at mains, tried this 4 times in total.

- Delete 'Other Channels' (there weren't any)

- Channel Scan under New Installation in Service Menu

- Planner rebuild

- Reboot with and without card in slot.

What is going on please?  Any other ideas?  I have been without these channels for almost 3 weeks now and it's getting rather annoying.

Community Coordinator
Robert-B

Hi ExLostFan,

Can you confirm what region you are in or if you are in the Republic of Ireland?

Robert-B
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
TigerPhil

Same problem here with BBC and a few other channels.

How's this done? "Try a channel scan in New Installation in the Service menu ( Services 0 0 1 & press Select )."

Contributor
ExLostFan

I'm in East Anglia.

I heard a rumour that a recent terrestrial 'switchoff' here might have affected some digital viewers but I fail to see why.

Super User
caesarome

I'm in East Anglia as well and still have those channels, the closure of the BBC 2 anologue signal tomorrow will have not affect on this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.