Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Frequent Visitor
RobQuad
Accepted Solution

Apologies, this item has been interrupted due to an error - c:1501

[ Edited ]

I am getting the following error when i try and watch any video - Live AND anytime+.

Apologies, this item has been interrupted due to an error - Please click play to resume watching [c:1501]

I get the following on

IE9

Firefox5

Chrome

I have disable my AV & Firewall and it made no difference.

I have no add blocker add-ins installed in my browsers

I am on a high speed connection (50Mbps)

I have a direct internet connection - No proxy etc.

Silverlight DRM is enabled

I have looked in the "Troubleshooting" and there is no mention of how to fix this problem.

NOTE: I have not added my machine as a registered device (not that I know how to as there are no easy to see  instructions on how) This machine does not and cannot have any client software installed

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
paul1360

Re: Apologies, this item has been interrupted due to an error - c:1501

RQ,

Join the club, everything you have done I've done also as well as trying 2 more browsers Opera & Safari with no joy at all, I've finally had a reply from Support but all that tells me to do is everything I've already done so it was a waste of time.

The best bit though is that they no say my BB speed is to low and it's best to download anything I want to watch and then see it later, The reason my BB speed is low is that I'm only getting 1.5/2.0 Mb according to Sky records even though I've not been with Sky BB for 2+ years lol. In fact I have 38+Mb & 9+Mb, so work that 1 out.

Now looking at this Forum & the old Sky player Forum & Trouble shooting from both Sky seem to blame Microsoft SilverLight for a large part of people's problem's and not their own gear, now this has been going on for sometime now so if it's not Sky's problem and it's MSLight's problem why lauch a new service still using SilverLight??????????. I think it's potluck if it works or not. I can say that because I've proved beyond doult as my laptop works a ok but my PC don't and yet they are setup the same way, silly but there you go.

iechyd da

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi, if the steps and tips given in this thread have not helped we would advise contacting us as we may need to escalate the issue to the second tier of support for Sky Go.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Occasional Visitor
p4lly

I believe the error is due to admin rights.  I got it to work by right-clicking on the browser program icon and selected 'run as administrator'.  Alternatively logon to your 'true' administrator account.

good luck

paul1360

Malcolm

Have already contacted Sky Go by email several days ago and to date have not had a reply.

I'm the only 1 who use my PC and I have Full admin and it stiil do it for me.

iechyd da

Frequent Visitor
RobQuad

Email sent. Lets see what they suggest.

Occasional Visitor
smugsmile

My laptop works fine but my pc dont exactly the same as you. I have tried everything. Weird, the free chanels work but when I sign in i get the apologies error message. AGGHHH! lol

Occasional Visitor
sukru

Open Sky Go Desktop.
Delete all downloaded content by clicking the X to the left of the programme’s title.
Once content is removed, right-click or CTRL+click (if using a Mac) in the middle of the Sky Go Desktop window.
Click Remove this application and choose the option to permanently remove the application.
Occasional Visitor
sukru

After you do this you will be able to watch live tv on sky go
Occasional Visitor
klaude

Tried what you said about skygo desktop & still the same issue. What I find frustrating is that sky is banging on about really trying to be the best in customer service yet its all talk & no action. Ive had 4 years of crap service & now this. Ive been on live chat (the one time it worked for me) two days ago & was fobbed off with 'its your browser' so I asked the advisor to hold while I downloaded firefox & was about to state that the problem persists & she closed the dam window & couldnt get back on. My error says the same but with codes [t:6038 / c:4110]

Come on sky, take some responsibility & fix your CUSTOMER'S (You know, the people who PAY for a service from you) issues. 

Occasional Visitor
klaude

Ok people, heres what you do. (no support from sky with this by the way.)

close sky go - open silverlight from start menu - go to 'applocation storage' & delete all the items regarding sky - click 'ok' - reopen sky go & all should be fine. :smileyhappy:

Occasional Visitor
Green+and+mean

I have the same problem.

Have done everything above but to no avail.

Sky, sort your selves out, your BB, SkyGo and service is appalling.

Anyone any ideas? Please.

Retired Staff Member
Emma-O

Hi Green+and+mean.

I am sorry to see you are also having these issues, I do apologise for the inconvenience.

Can you confirm you have follow all the troubleshooting steps within this link. Can you also confirm which device you are using.

Thanks,

Occasional Visitor
scooby626

this worked for me! thanks!!
Frequent Contributor
itsonlyme

no matter how good your equipment and broadband speed as far a sky are concerned
it is ALWAYS your fault, a third party's fault, or the wrong type of oxygen in the atmosphere; it is NEVER EVER their fault