Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Splinter+Bungee
Accepted Solution

Anytime+ and Broadband Connect

Alright all

I've been told (not by Sky) that because i've got Sky Connect broadband I cant get Anytime+ service.  I've looked into upgrading to Unlimited but the option isn't available on my account page so I assume I can't?

Can anyone confirm that this is the case? If it is, is there any likelyhood of it being available with Sky Connect and if so any idea when.

Many thanks

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Re: Anytime+ and Broadband Connect

Hi Splinter+Bungee, at present you need to be on an On Net broadband service in other words Sky Broadband Unlimited or Everyday Lite.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
carparts

Hi I have just got the 1tb box for anytime vod ( good bit of kit much faster than the old box) I was told that I would have no problem getting vod even though i have broadband connect , but yesterday i looked at my account and it said i could not receive it. i phoned sky and was told that as sky did not have a exchange in Colchester  so no any time +vod 

and i should have been told good bye. Some times i love sky and some times i do not  . mr unhappy.

Occasional Visitor
FedUpSkyCustomer

Phoned Sky today and complained that for the 4th year running I am being penilised by postcode for the over priced £17.00 per month!  My exchange has not been changed and I am in the 20% remaining general public in this situation.  They are halving my viewing package charges by 50% for 6 months saving me £132.00.  I said great, now backdate it 4 years...........

no can do.!

hope this helps a bit, just got me over the coals I am afraid

Frequent Visitor
goldie90

This happened to me too, I was promised the world by the Rep if I signed up.  When I did I was told I was in the "Connect" area but they reduced it to £10 per month for the first year and free unlimited calls.  Nothing for the next year though, so I moved my broadband and my phone to Talk Talk and it is so much cheaper and still as good a service.

Visitor
yippikiyay

SKY Broadband Connect and Anytime + No Way Jose !

I was very impressed and looking forward to recieving the new Anytime + product as I use anytime a lot. Being a SKY customer for years and with all their products, HD BOX, Talk and Broadband I thought I ticked all the boxes to recieve Anytime +. It appears NO because SKY do not run "their" broadband in my area and I am on the "Connect" service. Bearing in mind this is still SKY and they are quite happy to take the money for providing this service as well as the rest adding up to approx £100 per month I am extremely dissapointed to find out I will be treated this way and be told "unlucky". You got to love their customer loyalty schemes. So anyone with "Connect" you can kiss goodbye the chance of seeing VOD until SKY decide that you are a loyal and valued customer and actually deserve to recieve that service.

Super User
caesarome

Re: SKY Broadband Connect and Anytime + No Way Jose !

The reason you can't get this on "Connect" is because your broadband is being delivered to you via BT's equipment and infrastructure and not Skys because Skys is not in your local telephone exchange.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Visitor
yippikiyay

Thanks for the response  - and I totally understand that the Exchange equipment is BTs and that SKY doesnt have their equipment in that exchange - my point is that SKY should be making every effort to make sure that they have catered for all their customers when releasing new services. If they can only cater for a select few then they should open the service to all and not some. VOD is available from numerous sites and is available to everyone with above a 2mb internet connection so SKY should release Anytime + in this manner and once they have completed any infrastructure changes required to make it SKY specific - then lock it down. I find it hard to believe that you HAVE to have a BT line installed to have certain SKY products but get penalised if you have to use BTs exchange equipment.  

chips1971

Whats the crack jack?!

i want anytime+ for my upcoming hd+ box so i need unlimited broadband

sky website yesterday said sky unlimited broadband for £12.50 - 5 quid discount yes no problem just need your MAC code.... log in tonight MAC code at the ready...... sky website now sez no way buddy just have the sky connect broadband instead( which we all know is a BT rebadged product)

i checked the boadband exchange checker and it shows my exchange is LLU for Sky

so my question is this what exactly is going on here...... is it LLU? is not LLU? is it LLU but all subscriber slots are full( thats hardly my fault now is it) is broadband connect going to work with anytime+(not at £17.00 it wont not when BT offered me the same package at £13.50!!!!!!!)

should i stay put or should i move to sky broadband and get screwed over

help me before i go crazy

cheers

gordon

Occasional Visitor
flashby

OK, so how come that I can set up my iPad with the Sky Go app and download the Anytime+ movies through my Sky Connect broadband....but apparently I need Lite or unlimited for my Sky HD box to do it...Madness?!:smileyfrustrated:

At least allow TV output on the Sky GO app then, so I can watch it on the TV?!

Super User
caesarome

flashby wrote:

At least allow TV output on the Sky GO app then, so I can watch it on the TV?!

Have you seen this:

http://corporate.sky.com/media/press_releases/2012/sky_anytime_plus_goes_from_strength_to_strength_w...

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.