Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
snowball2

Anytime + activated but "fail" showing in Network settings follow this...

If you have this problem follow this New Sky Anytime± listing not shown in the Sky Guide Checking the status of your wireless connection. When navigating to the Anytime listing in the Sky Guide if you do not find the new Sky Anytime± listing then first check that the broadband setting in the Sky Guide is correctly turned on. Navigate to the options then customise menu in the Sky Guide, ensure that you save the setting by pressing the green button.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Robert

Re: Anytime + activated but "fail" showing in Network settings follow this...

Hi snowball2, 

Thanks for sharing this with the community, hopefully other members will find this information useful :smileyhappy:

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Regular Visitor
CoopermanUK

Hi all

looking for some help with AT+.

I'm with sky for my broadband and have used AT+ in the past but when I just tried it I now only have AT (no picture icons and showcase).

AT+ is enabled on my sky profile, the only think I've changed is my router, my old Sky one packed in.

When I check network setting on the Sky HD box I get an error Service Connection FAIL. Local connection is fine as I have an IP address and DHCP is enabled.

Both Anytime and Broadband Network Connection are on in Options/Customise.

Any help would be appreciated,

Jimmy

Retired Staff Member
Anne-M

Hi CoopermanUK, 

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

If Anytime+ is still not working, I would try resetting the Network Connection in the HD box. Here is how to do this:

For a wired connection (box is connected to the router with an ethernet cable)

• Press Services. Services menu displays with Options highlighted.
  • Using left or right arrow button, highlight Settings and press select. Picture is highlighted.
  • Press left or right arrow button to highlight Network and press select. Network menu displays.
  • Press Red button to reset the connection. OSM "Searching for local Network" appears.  
  • Press Sky on the remote control.
  • Try Anytime+ now to see if it is now working.

For a wireless connection (box is connected through a wireless connector)

• Press Services. Services menu displays with Options highlighted.
  • Using left or right arrow button, highlight Settings and press select. Picture is highlighted.
  • Press left or right arrow button to highlight Network and press select. Network menu displays.
  • Press Red button to reset the connection. OSM "Searching for local Network" appears.
  • Ensure that if there is more than one network to select from, that the correct network is selected.
  • Enter network password (this is the password that is used to connect wireless devices to the router
  • OSM "Connecting to Network - please wait.."will appear.
  • If Local Connection and Service Connection is displayed as failed, check network and password are correct.
  • Wireless Network Connection screen will display once successfully connected.
  • Press Sky on the remote control.
  • Try Anytime+ now to see if it is now working.

Can you let me know how you get on?

Thanks, 

Anne
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Regular Visitor
CoopermanUK

Hi Anne,

thanks for the reply.

Tried the above but still the same problem with Service Connection Fail.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Super User
Annie+UK

[ Edited ]

Try the solution in this thread if you have a netgear router: http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Anytime-Anytime/Anytime-and-the-Netgear-DGN1000-All-ISPs/m-p/357475/...

Annie.......... Xbox Gamertag: Annie UK  - Titanfall Gen4 -  Sky Help - YouTube channel

Sky customer since 1989 - βeta tester for: WindowsTechPreview, Xbox One, Windows Phone, Sky+HD etc... Hardware: DRX890 to LG 32LV550T, DRX895 to LG 42LV550T, Lumia 1520, Xbox One,, iPad Air 2 (128GB WiFi)

If someone helps you please click the thumbs up icon and/or accept as a solution, in the post options, where appropriate. Thanks.

Anyone running the R010.070.58.06p EPG software is advised to do a manual update ASAP, instructions can be found here (no recordings or settings will be lost).
Regular Visitor
CoopermanUK

Annie+UK wrote:

Try the solution in this thread if you have a netgear router: http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Anytime-Anytime/Anytime-and-the-Netgear-DGN1000-All-ISPs/m-p/357475/...

Thanks Annie+UK

your a star :smileylol:

that solution worked a treat.

Super User
Annie+UK

Glad you're sorted :smileyvery-happy:

Annie.......... Xbox Gamertag: Annie UK  - Titanfall Gen4 -  Sky Help - YouTube channel

Sky customer since 1989 - βeta tester for: WindowsTechPreview, Xbox One, Windows Phone, Sky+HD etc... Hardware: DRX890 to LG 32LV550T, DRX895 to LG 42LV550T, Lumia 1520, Xbox One,, iPad Air 2 (128GB WiFi)

If someone helps you please click the thumbs up icon and/or accept as a solution, in the post options, where appropriate. Thanks.

Anyone running the R010.070.58.06p EPG software is advised to do a manual update ASAP, instructions can be found here (no recordings or settings will be lost).
Occasional Visitor
Robt1972

I have this same issue, but am using a BT router.  Are there any specifics you can suggest.  I have tried all other suggestions on rebooting, resetting both router and wireless box and tried numberous times.

Any suggestion gratefully received.

Super User
Annie+UK

[ Edited ]

I'm running with a BT Home Hub 3 and did nothing special to get OnDemand working, I don't use the HH for Wifi though as the HH is not so good for wifi :smileysad: I use an Edimax wireless 802.11n Access Point [EW-7416APN]

Occasional Visitor
SKYJUDY

I have to say i was having the exact same problem, however i believe i have just found a fix.

I had tried everything, re-booting both modem & sky box, resetting the network in the settings menu and nothing worked.

I realised that i could connect to a different Wifi network so i new there was no issue with the box and it must be my WiFi settings.

I eventually booted up my router settings on my PC (info should be provided with the router, or search how to do this on internet) and changed encryption from AES to TKIP, reset the network settings and suddenly it connected and i am now downloading from SKyHD+.

I would reccomend that this issue is a lack of compatibility with AES encryption from the Sky box.

Hope this helps others with similar issue.

Occasional Visitor
Wadhamsjohn

Hi a very nice man at bt just solved the problem for me it worked straight away

Log on to your router
Advanced wireless settings Wireless interface type:

And change it to 802.11 b/g from the pull down menu clic apply and try to connect connect the sky box
Worked first time for me
Hope it helps
John