Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Contributor
Avanesly

Re: Anytime Plus & Non-Sky Broadband Users

I've been saying the same thing for months Rich+N but never had a response from Sky on here.

It simply makes no sense that you can stream live TV on Sky Go and download on demand content on a PC or Xbox on any ISP, yet you have to have Sky Broadband to access the on demand content on your actual Sky Box under the TV.

The only explanation is that Sky are using it as a way to force people to move to Sky Broadband and they don't seem to mind angering Sky TV customers who do not want to or cannot get Sky Broadband.

The only response Sky give is what they have ready to copy and paste about guaranteeing end user quality, yet they can't explain why they don't seem to need to guarantee this for Sky Go and on demand content on PC's/Xbox.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Hutch58

[ Edited ]

I'm sure that there are 'monopolies' issues here. Isn't this akin to the issue that the EU had with Microsoft shipping Windows with Internet Explorer so that no other web browsers were used. Perhaps we (as subscribers) should contact the appropriate authorities to make our point, as (clearly) Sky are not prepared to listen

There are no real reasons for not permitting all Sky subscribers access to Antime+ - just reasons which are commercially convenient to Sky (as usual)

Neil

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Linz00

Hello, I have a Sky+hd box and for some time I have enjoyed Anytime, but I can not receive broadband where I live, I have not been able to watch Anytime for a while now, and I heard it is because we have no Sky broadband. Is this true?

There are many who can not receive broadband, are there any plans to help people like me so I can carry on watching Anytime? After all we did before.

Super User
caesarome

There are two Anytime's:

Anytime - from which the content is sent via your dish which can watch without the need for broadband.

Anytime+ - the content is dedlivered via a sky broadband connection.

You should at the very least be able to use the Anytime service on your box.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
Shettie58

I'm a little fed up of Sky altogether - but this Anytime+ is really getting on my nerves...  I don't have Sky broadband - mainly because it's not supplied through my "rural" towns exchange - and is unlikely to be in the foreseeable future - I pay top whack for Sky - taking all the packages - and am denied access to the Anytime+ offerring - because I am unable to take Sky Broadband - the other reason I'm not very happy - I've cancelled HD (for the time being due to financial pressures...) and now Anytime is still recording HD programming - which I can't watch...  CR4P!

Super User
caesarome

You can access programs on Anytime that match your subscription so if you have the complete package then anything on Anytime is available to you. Anytime+ content is delivered to your box via a sky broadband connection.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Occasional Visitor
Shettie58

I think you misunderstand - cancel HD - and you have the majority of Anytime (NOT +) still recorded as HD - so - it is inaccessible - I can't get Anytime+ as there is NO Sky broadband in my area - nor is their likely to be...

Occasional Visitor
rattyrat

It's a farce that Sky would force you to have their broadband so you can have what is essentially a TV based service, which we all already pay through the nose for.  As for customer loyalty or service, that's none existent as far as Sky are concerned, as long as you hand over a princely sum every month they couldn't give a crap.

Occasional Visitor
noginthenog

I have to say like SO many others I fall into the category of pretty disillusioned, disgruntled and just plain fed up customers of Sky who pay a very significant amount of money keeping the Sky shareholders smiling.  I too would like to make use of the Anytime + service, I too have Virgin Media with 100mbs.  Why on earth would I even consider moving.

I have been wanting this service for quite some time and drop into these forums hoping that things will have moved on.  Unfortunatley over the year or more where this debate started things have not moved at all, each time I dip my toe in the water to see if Sky are being resonable to their customers - keeping their share holders happy all this time - I find they are not.  Each time someone asks Sky for a response, at best we get a response of "monitoring the network" which to be perfectly honest is an insulting response. At worst we get the sort of response we did a fe pages back that tell us about the new and exciting content that is being added all the time.... again - Insulting - 90% of the time of course we get ignored!

The simple fact of the matter is that Sky want as many people to move to Sky Broadband as they can before the will have to eventually submit to the pressure from us punters.  What we are getting is a smoke screen which is a disgrace to be honest.

Perhaps someone from Sky would care to comment??

Occasional Visitor
SKYMAN007

I cancelled all my sky subs TV & BB and I don't miss any of it!!!

No longer a telly addict!!!

Get a life!!!

There's so much more to life than being a square eyed couch potato...And face facts its mostly garbage on the telly anyway..

Oh and sky are trying to get me to come back with a 12 month half price offer..

I dont think so!!!!

Good Bye 4 eva...

Contributor
DMR123

It is disgraceful that Sky discriminate against existing clients when they cannot provide the Broadband service that they require you to have to take Anytime+.

I was missold Sky Broadband Connect resulting in 3 months with completely ineffective broadband. Speeds averaging 0.8Mbs with daily disconnects lasting up to 10 days.

Back with TalkTalk I now have completely reliable broadband no disconnects and speeds averaging 7Mbs lowest seen over the last 5 months 5MBs even at peak usage times. This should work perfectly with Anytime+.

When will customer focus become part of BSkyB's imoral corporate charter?

Would you want your phone service run by a company with major shareholders allegedly involved in phone hacking?

Occasional Visitor
mrgm

I cant see why everyone is getting so worked up about this.

They now offer a Sky+HD box for free, does that mean that early adopters who had to pay a lot for boxes should get their money back?

If it is in their terms and conditions that you require sky broadband at a sufficient speed then thats why you sign up for!

Think yourselves lucky that you can get a phone line into where you live, I have had to pay an extra fee to get things activated and working without a phone line.

The best way to solve this matter is to stop offering the anytime+ service to anyone at all. Will that shut you all up?

Problem with this country these days is that people are always GIVE ME GIVE ME GIVE ME, im sure sky should be able to roll this out eventually, but before they do........what did you guys do before you had sky anytime+? Was your life seriously that much worse off?

Get out and go for a walk and enjoy yourself before you get that obsessed over your TV and get square eyes or turn into a couch potato.

Occasional Visitor
noginthenog

I suspect we have a Sky employee mole I our midst and ‘mrgm’ seems to be entirely missing the point either deliberately or otherwise!!

The entire issue here is that Sky badge Anytime + as free to Sky subscribers.  It’s not free to Sky subscribers as you have to use their Broadband service, further you need their Broadband unlimited service.  Now were they say market Sky Anytime + as “Sky Anytime +, Free to Sky Broadband Unlimited subscribers”, I’d probably be a little miffed but at least they would be being open as to the reality of the situation.  Further if they said it was free to Sky Broadband subscribers and £x extra for other broadband suppliers (and blah can’t guarantee results blah blah), again I might grumble but might actually pay considering I will appreciate Sky will have additional costs in providing the service.

The fact of the matter is that we are told it’s free on one hand but if you do a little investigation you find that actually it’s not and further if you want it you have no choice but to take a further Sky service.

The little ill-conceived rant by ‘mrgm’ talking about “the problem with this country”, the problem with this country is that we are generally quiet about being fed load of fertiliser.  However the other problem with this country is that thankfully we are permitted to air those frustrations which inevitable end up in them being resolved.

Thankfully, again and finally, the other problem with this country also means that if I want square eyes and a service provider offers to give me those square eyes for free, that I should be able to get it for free…..  I’m off for a walk now! :smileytongue:

fogstershadow

One clarification, you can get Anytime+ with Sky everyday lite, but admittedly it will kill your usage limit pretty fast. :smileysad:

Occasional Visitor
Kungaloosh

After seeing anytime+ round my friends house I wanted a piece of this, so set-up my laptop with a bridge connection and after a bit of fiddling got the sky hd box on the network, to then be told I dont have sky BB so cant use it, it is stupid, I dont want sky as my isp, plus I cant get the full 20Mb service becuase I am on a small exchange. SKY need to sort this out, dont make excuses over bandwith that is the customers problem if they decide to use the service.

seriously thinking about getting rid of Sky now as I am so fed up with what you can and cant do.