Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
Kevin+Foot

Any news on Sky Go for Google Nexus 10?

Hi there.

Just wondering if any of you lovely people knew of a timeframe in which I get to access Sky Go on my Google Nexus 10?

I know it has just been re-released for Android Jelly Bean and for the Nexus 7 but still no Nexus 10 :smileysad:

Any help would be much appreciated.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
dsg
Contributor
dsg

Re: Any news on Sky Go for Google Nexus 10?

The official line from Sky is that there isn't really any timeframe for anything that is not currently supported. The only ostensible difference between supporting the N7 and the N10 is the fact that the latter has HDMI out. As we have already established that this can be dealt with with one line of code, I'm as mystified as you are as to why it shouldn't be supported but that seems to be the way it is at the moment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please note: An allegation is an assertion of fact. Anything posted above is merely an expression of opinion and contains no allegations, unproven, unfounded or otherwise.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
Kevin+Foot

Thank you for the speedy response. Good things come to those who wait...............!

Frequent Contributor (Bronze)
Alistair+Burns

Logically it should be the first HDMI enabled tablet they working being a pure Google experience device. I will be getting one next time they are on sale as the Nexus 7 doesn't seem to have much in the way of a tablet interface and is just like a big Nexus 4, may have to keep it for cricket in bed for the time being.

Occasional Visitor
LeBeourfCurtaine

Looking at the list of supported Android devices for Sky Go today it seems that Sky have made a real effort for Christmas, but sadly not for the Nexus 10 yet...
Frequent Visitor
stebatt

Come on sky! Why are we all still waiting for Nexus 10 to be supported for skygo..
Any news on date this will work??
Community Coordinator
Gailsky

Hi guys, 

We are having a lot of requests for Sky Go to be available on the Nexus 10.

We don't have a specific date right now as to when this will be available. Our community manager has posted an update to the development of Sky Go on Android devices here. You can also find more information about Sky Go on Android within the article I've attached. 

Gail

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go/Sky-Go-on-Android-Frequently-Asked-Questions/ta-p/853052 http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go/Sky-Go-on-Android-Device-List/ta-p/690532
Gail
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Frequent Visitor
stebatt