Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Contributor
TinTentTourist

Re: AND THE NIGHTMARE BEGINS.... Help urgently requested

sorry, forgot to spell check....

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Super User
Stantheman2k12

I personally wouldn't let this matter lie and seek advice from the CAB and a small claims court for Money and time spent.

Have you spoke to TT to see if you re-join them you would be ble to retain your old number? If they can offer you your old number back i would move back to TT, sky can't give you a penalty really as you have not been provided with a service which you had reqested and specified on to which they agreed

Regards

If I Or Anyone Has Helped Please Kudos. If Your Problem Is Solved Please Click On Accept As Solution.
Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Contributor
TinTentTourist

I have already taken advice from Consumer Direct, so I know my rights.  I spoke to TT and they have released my number back to BT and cannot get it back.

I won't let it lie.  I have legal cover insurance, which I will explore today.  I will also talk to BT, though at a week today since it happened, I am now into damage limitation. 

Compensation will be the next issue.

Contributor
TinTentTourist

Mini update... Another of the managers, has reviewed my case and fully admitted Sky is at fault. I should have been told of the failure to port and was not. I have had poor communications from sky by letter and a poor call centre experience!  I missed the call yesterday, but she left a message saying she had also tried to get my number back and failed.  She would ring me today to discuss compensation! ... Waiting for the call...

Contributor
TinTentTourist

If anyone else wants advice or make a complaint to OFCOM it can be done on this number 0300 123 33 33, very helpful. (Don't mix them up with the Ombudsman service, who mediate a complaint between you and the service provider.)

Super User
Stantheman2k12

Hi Tintent.

How are you getting on with your issues and OFCOM

If I Or Anyone Has Helped Please Kudos. If Your Problem Is Solved Please Click On Accept As Solution.
Contributor
TinTentTourist

Well, it's not totally sorted yet, but it will be soon, and I will update this thread with more info when it is.  

For now I will just say it took me 37 minutes on the phone to BT to locate my number and reserve it!!!  I told my latest Sky rep and after another exchange of calls, it is on its way back to me!!

Super User
Stantheman2k12

That's good news then if it on its way back to you :smileyvery-happy:

Where Did they find your number? Find it unbelievable a company ca actually lose it:smileyfrustrated:

Contributor
TinTentTourist

Update and summary.  This is to help those who try to search this forum after Sky lost my number, or it failed to port, or they blame the third party for refusing to release my number.  It took a full 2 weeks but

I GOT MY NUMBER BACK.

I have lost count of the number of times Sky told me it couldn't be done, well let me tell you, yes it can!

I think they realised I was not giving up when I went direct to BT business sales (where you can reserve a number for your business if it is available.  Like how taxi companies always have easy to remember numbers).  I have to say full marks for the chap that helped me.  I explained my situation and that I was not a business, and still he found and reserved my original number in minutes and said it would be available for three months.  

If Sky had not sorted it out at this point, I would have moved to BT and they could have restored my reserved number on a private line - they were very helpful.

When I went back to Sky and told them, there was suddenly a way to get my number back if they used this special application form.  (there was a three letter acronym like SBO mentioned once, but don't quote me!)  

They said they had to show some serious consequences if my number was lost, in order to process the application. The fact that I was still under medical supervision from several hospitals and several departments within those hospital meant that if my number was lost there could be serious implications, and this was sufficient for this form.  

The medical situation happens to be true, but I didn't and don't play on it.  Neither did they check up on me in any way to verify what I said, so there is a large degree of trust!  

It then took 48 hours to restore my number.

Phew, sorry it's a bit long, but if the idiots loose your number, you will be happy to read an epic success story.

Finally, before my number was restored I was offered a years free line rental as compensation for having to change my number.

I was also promised a call back last week, which hasn't happened yet.

I still have no caller ID (small point I know)

And I still have 4mb broadband not the 7-14mb I was quoted, so we haven't finished yet.......

:-)

Super User
Stantheman2k12

Fantastic news:smileyvery-happy:

Im glad that you are finally sorted and have your number back :smileyhappy: I do hope i have helped you in some way with the info.

glad your back to normal :smileyvery-happy:

P.s sorry to hear you have a medical condition :smileysad:

Contributor
TinTentTourist

Ok, final post on this subject.. and the news is all good!

Got my number back which was the main thing.

It took 5 weeks and 2 days but I now also have caller display.

The year free line rental was added to the account.

BT moved my house onto a better wire from the exchange and my broadband went up from 4 to 17mb, it has since settled at 12mb which I am happy with.

When I rang up today to sort out compenstation, I had a further 2 CS reps who ware excellent.

I was offered (and accepted) multi room free for a year, and a terrabite box for £99.  Free engineer install, and re-locate my old HD box (after a service since it is playing up) I was then given a furter £50 credit on the account as a good will gesture.

So it's been a hard slog, but I feel I got there in the end.

Advice... stick to your guns, be polite and don't give up!

Hope it never happens to you....
Martin 

Super User
Stantheman2k12

Great result Martin. Glad your sorted