Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference. Learn more about this message
Getting There
Bradley+Carnes

£65.00 call out charge to fix an installtion fault. Very unfair and unacceptable!

After numerous calls to sky regarding no signal being received, a sky engineer came out to fix the problem. The chap told me that the fault was due to whoever installed the sky receiver in the first place. I phoned Sky for the fourth time to complain about the £65.00 charge for their mistake in the first place. They said they would not waiver the charge and I would have to pay the £65.00.  I not be paying this unfair sum and I will be seeking legal advice!

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Staff
Staff
D.C

Re: £65.00 call out charge to fix an installtion fault. Very unfair and unacceptable!

Hi Bradley+Carnes,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your first post however wish it was under better circumstances.

How long have you had your box for and have you had the same issue with the signal in the past where you have had to arrange a engineer to attend the property to fix this? 

David

Please do not post any personal details or account information. Please use plain text.
Getting There
Bradley+Carnes

Re: £65.00 call out charge to fix an installation fault. Very unfair and unacceptable!

Apart from the initial installation, this is the first time a Sky engineer has been out to my home. The signal has never been perfect, sometimes a blocky picture and interference which I simply put down to weather conditions.  Over time the signal deteriorated to the point where no signal was being received on a number of channels (during recent fine weather conditions) which prompted me to call Sky and report the problem.  Since the engineer came out on the 5th June, confirming that the fault was due to inadequate installation, the signal has never been so good. It is a fact that I've been paying full subscription for 18 months or more and never had a true signal.  To make matters worse I am expected to pay a further £65.00 for the pleasure of having a good signal which was without doubt an installation fault.

Staff
Staff
D.C

Re: £65.00 call out charge to fix an installation fault. Very unfair and unacceptable!

Hi Bradley+Carnes,

Thanks for providing this.

As you have never had a engineer out within the 12 months period this does feel unfair that its happened now.

If this was originally not installed correctly by the original engineer, you would have been more likely to have received more problems and engineer visits for this. 

I can appreciate that this seems unfair however this covers any out of warranty service provided by the engineer when he attends.

More information related to no signal can be found here depending on your set up.

Regards

Getting There
Bradley+Carnes

Hi, thank you for your response.  However I cannot accept this and therefore I have cancelled my direct debit for Sky and wish to unsubscribe. 

Super User
Mark39

I'm afraid you'll need to call Sky and give the usual 31 days notice to cancel. Sky won't act on cancellation instructions via the forum.

Getting There
Bradley+Carnes

I refuse to pay anymore charges "including phone calls" to your company. I'm sure one of your representative will contact me in due course.

Staff
Robert

Hi Bradley, 

I understand your frustration, cancellation notice cannot be given through the Sky Help Forum, however you can discuss this with our cancellations team by E-Mail or through the Live Chat option on our Contact Us page.

I'm New Here
starau1

Re: £65.00 call out charge to fix an installtion fault. Very unfair and unacceptable!

[ Edited ]

I am absolutely furious with sky same thing has happened to me. What happened to you in the end? Spoke with them and was told they have to put request in and won't get someone until NEXT WEEK THURSDAY. 8 day wait. Bear in mind I have been a loyal costumer. I am waiting for call back on them to confirm time but I bet you it will be next week in that case I will cancel sky and stick to free view and maybe keep their internet. Less hassle from a bunch of theiving [REMOVED].

They messed me about when I first joined them and you can't complain because issue has to have been ongoing for a few months. I will be telling everyone not to both with sky EVER.

If I don't get call back this evening I am creating new email and cancelling sky by the weekend. I don't need this stress, I just need to keep my money away from this idiots.

I'm New Here
Mrs+Bahlaouane

I too am unimpressed, I have received no sky signal for over six days now. But in spite of this I still paid my bill of £42.31even though I have not been able to watch anything.

only to be told I will have to pay an extra £65 to have an engineer come out for "No Signal" Which is total a rip off.

I to will be seeking legal advice also because this is so not on. "No signal" could happen anytime with weather conditions, So are Sky trying to say that each time a customer experiences "No signal" they then should pay £65 each time they need someone to come out and fix it? This could happen many times a month with UK weather. This is a total  rip off and so unfair to loyal customers that have always paid their Sky bills.

I am deeply disapointed with Sky and I will be changing my TV provider very soon,

because I refuse to pay £65 for something that is obviously not my fault and out of my control.

I am not God and I can not control the weather. The audacity also is that you will still need to pay the Sky bill every month even if you can not watch it due to no Signal. Rip off.

Super User
Mark39

Weather related 'no signal' faults shouldn't happen frequently if your dish is correctly aligned and your system is in good working condition. They should only occur during heavy downpours or snowstorms, and be temporary. Certainly not many times a month. If they are happening that frequently then there's a fault with your Sky setup, and like faults with any other system you own, you have to pay for them to be fixed. Where's the rip-off?

Once faults are fixed, and if you ask, Sky normally allow a reduction in your bill to cover the time for which you had no service.

Getting There
Daley10

Same issue with no satellite signal, been with sky for nearly 19 years now. Pay £90+ a month, now got to pay £65?, this day and age, lot to pay out, will pay the charge but subscription package will go down considerably. So sky for the sake of 65 pounds your gonna lose out on a lot more than that over the years.
Getting There
infidelswife

they want to charge me 65 for engineer because they cant get a call back signal from my daughters set top box in her bedroom , they have charged me 47,25 for the last three months as they cant get this signal thats 141.75 and 65.00 for engineer , they say i could have sold my box on to someone thats why they need a call back signal from them, rediculous been a loyal customer doesnt payoff to sky if this problem is not settled without futher charge to me i will be leaving as well , and also will be letting everyone else know about them 206,75 out of pocket some kind of service that is 

Spoiler
:smileyfrustrated:

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi infidelswife,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I understand it's frustrating for you, however it is correct that we need to know this information regarding your box and so on. Are you able to confirm if you have an active telephone line connected to your box at the moment?

We look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Retired Staff Member
GregorA

Hi Daley10,

Welcome to the Community.

Sorry to read that you are having issues with your Sky box. Can you confirm if you have been through all the troubleshooting steps for your issue?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,