Help
Help

Archived Discussions
This page has been archived
The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information. Links on this page to other sites may not work and contact information may be inaccurate. This page has been archived for future reference.
Learn more about this message
Occasional Visitor
REDBOY25

Hi all,

Just switched my line rental from BT to SKY. As yet I have no 1571 service. Does it come automatically or do I have to set it up? Is there a charge for this service in addition to the line rental charge?

Thanks in advarnce for any help.

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Senior Member (Platinum)
PaulEK

Re: 1571

Should enable automatically and there are 2 versions, one is free and then there is 1571 Voicemail Plus which is not

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/talk/sky-talk-features/voicemail-1571/

Used to work for Sky and BT ADSL tech support but please don't hate me for it :smileywink:
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
russell+clarke

I wish to remove 1571 message answer service from my phone as I have an answerphone of my own

and do not want 1571

Staff
smokyjoe2000

Ring 08442 414141 and request the 1571 feature to be taken off your line. Normally takes upto 72 hours to be completed.

Occasional Visitor
ian+000000001

how do i turn off 1571?

Community Coordinator
Robert

Hi ian+000000001,

If you'd like to remove the 1571 Voicemail feature, please Contact our Customer Help team to request this, please note that it takes up to 72 hours for the request to be actioned and for the service to be removed from your line.

Robert
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Visitor
Beach+Life

Hi...

Have just switched to Sky Talk & when dialing 1571 it tells me my service is disabled, I was lead to believe it would switch automatically when Sky took over the landline & line rental, any help on the subject??

Cheers......

Frequent Visitor
JCRendle

Also, is it free to call 1571 on Sky Talk Freetime outside of the evening and weekend period?

Visitor

I have the 1571 thing set up. Had the tone when I lifted the receiver so listened to and deleted all messages yet the 'you have a message' tone is still there! Any ideas?

Thanks.

Occasional Visitor
ian3319

I also have this problem of dial tone indicating a message yet no messages exist. Nothing in any of the help text on how to clear this. Any ideas on how to resolve it?? 

Community Coordinator
Robert-B

1871 wrote:

I have the 1571 thing set up. Had the tone when I lifted the receiver so listened to and deleted all messages yet the 'you have a message' tone is still there! Any ideas?

Thanks.

ian3319 wrote:

I also have this problem of dial tone indicating a message yet no messages exist. Nothing in any of the help text on how to clear this. Any ideas on how to resolve it?? 

Can you try calling your number from a mobile and leaving a new message. Once this is saved, listen to the voicemail and then delete it and see if the dial tone changes back to normal.
Robert-B
Community Coordinator

Visitor
oxo+1959

How can I turn off the sky answerphone service 

Community Coordinator
Robert-B

Hi oxo+1959,

If you'd like to remove the 1571 Voicemail feature, please Contact our Customer Help team to request this, please note that it takes up to 72 hours for the request to be actioned and for the service to be removed from your line.

Robert-B
Community Coordinator

dalek

I have a similar problem.  When I ring the number all I get is 'inbox disabled' as a message.  What can be done to enable it?

Community Coordinator
Malcolm-M

Hi dalek, we would need to add it to your line if it hasn't been enabled or remove it then re order it if it has. Please contact us and we will help.

Malcolm-M
Community Coordinator