Help
Help

Apps & websites
Our Sky Apps and websites help optimize your Sky TV experience. From managing your Sky box on the go, to catching up with latest news, we have the app for you.
Occasional Visitor
David.Hogan

Sky sports centre white screen

I love to use the Sky Sports Score centre to check scores. But lately I can't run it at all. When I go onto the page all I get is a white screen. I'm tech savy so I checked some things. One error I'm getting is live.embed is not defined. It won't load on any browser. All the flash plugins are installed and fully up to date. It ain't my anti virus or firewall as I have turned them off and it still don't load

Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Community Coordinator
Megan.B

Re: Sky sports centre white screen

[ Edited ]

Hi David.Hogan

I have had a look and can access this fine at http://live.skysports.com/ScoreCentre/live.html 

I would recommend clearing your cache and making sure your adobe flash player is up to date, if not it may need updating to view the page correctly. 

Megan
Community Coordinator
Community Welcome, Hints & Tips
Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help

New to the forum? Click here
Tagging your posts and others with relevant key words is another way to help,
it also counts towards forum rank.
Stay Safe: Don't post any personal details or Sky account information. Plain text only in this box.
Occasional Visitor
David.Hogan

[ Edited ]

No that is not the solution. I have cleared down the cache several times. I regularly do. This is a problem having across all browsers on my computer. I have also kept flash updated. This is something that is blocking the flash application on the site from loading. I have tried it with deactivating my anti virus and firewall and still doesn't load. So I would appreciate any other thoughts on this

Community Coordinator
Megan.B

[ Edited ]

Hi David.Hogan,

Thanks for the reply. 

Sorry that didn't help. 

On your browsers have you checked your Add Ons and Extensions for any programs that could be blocking access? 

Thanks,

Megan
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
David.Hogan

That doesn't seem to be the problem either. I have deactivated all extensions and addons but it still won't load. I get two of the following errors when I inspect the page. 1. Uncaught Syntax Error, Unexpected Token  ","    live.js : 599.  2. Uncaught Reference Error, live is not defined    live.html : 57. These errors appear on each of the browsers for me. Safari, IE, Firefox and Chrome

Community Coordinator
Megan.B

Hi David.Hogan,

That looks more like a javascript issue which could be caused by a number of issues.

Has your computer been through an update recently?

Check all your settings in your browsers to make sure that Java/javascript are not being blocked.

Make sure the browsers are all up to date. etc.

If still having issues it may be worth doing some research into java and javascript to see if you can find an answer there. Seeing if you can access other sites with content that is java based etc.

Are any other users experiencing this issue? It would be helpful to know if others could access the Sky Sports Score Centre or not.

Thanks,

Megan
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
David.Hogan

Hi Megan,

Thank you firstly for your assitance in this. 

Just like to point out Java and Javascript are two seperate languages. They are not related to each other. Java is not being used in loading this page from what I'm seeing. 

I have checked my settings before and I am not blocking javascripts. And I have been on a network with other users and they are not having the same problem on their computers. 

All browsers are up to date. Recent updates would just be windows updates as that is my OS

Regards

David

Community Coordinator
Megan.B

Hi David,

While I do have some (very little) understanding in the difference between java and javascript I am not that techy when it comes to coding and although I have been told numerous times it just goes in one ear and out the other  :smileytongue:

Have you found and tried any other javascript heavy websites to see if you can access those without problems? 

Hopefully someone with more technical knowledge on errors like this can join in and give you a hand.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful in this matter,

Megan
Community Coordinator

Occasional Visitor
David.Hogan

Hi Megan,

That's no problem I appreciate you helping me out on this. :smileyhappy: I'm actually a programmer myself but can't understand what has happened. Just going to have to do a bit of trial and error with it to figure it out. 

Thanks for your help

Regards David

Community Coordinator
Megan.B

Good luck in your efforts David, I hope you find the answer to this problem without too much trouble.

Megan
Community Coordinator